What is the Difference Between a Car's LED Headlights and Xenon Headlights?
There are three common light sources for car headlights, namely halogen light
source, xenon light source and LED light source. Among them, the most widely
used one is the halogen light source headlights. Its light-emitting principle is
the same as that of daily household light bulbs. It uses tungsten wire to
illuminate. The advantages of halogen headlights are strong penetrating ability,
cheap price, shortcomings are also obvious, low brightness and short effective
life. In recent years, the more advanced xenon headlights and LED headlights
have also been widely used. Many car owners or friends who are planning to buy a
car do not know what is the difference between xenon headlights and LED
headlights. Who is better to use? As a Truck Tailgate Led Light Manufacturer,
share with you.
Supra Led Tail Lights
Principle of Luminescence
First of all, we have to briefly understand the luminous principle of xenon headlights and LED headlights. The bulbs of xenon headlights do not have visible luminous objects like tungsten filaments, but the bulb is filled with several different chemical gases, among which xenon The largest content. We are invisible to the naked eye. Then increase the original 12V voltage of the car to 23000V through the external supercharger, then let the gas in the bulb shine, and finally gather the light through the lens to achieve the lighting effect. Don't be frightened by the high voltage of 23000V, in fact, this is an effective power supply for the car.
The luminous principle of LED lights is more advanced. Strictly speaking, LED lights do not have light bulbs, but use a semiconductor chip similar to a circuit board as a light source. Then use a mirror or lens to focus light to achieve the lighting effect. Due to the large amount of heat, there are cooling fans behind the general LED lights.
After understanding the luminous principle of LED headlights and xenon headlights, I believe you probably know the basic difference between these two light source headlights. Next, let's take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of the two headlights in daily use.
The advantages of xenon headlights:
1. The brightness is 3 times that of ordinary halogen headlights
2. The bulb does not have tungsten filaments, and the service life is longer
3. The color temperature of the light is close to sunlight, and the light is relatively soft when lighting at night
4. It will not extinguish suddenly when encountering a fault, there is a process of extinguishing slowly, which can effectively improve the safety performance
The advantages of LED lights:
1. High brightness is the light source with the highest brightness among the three lights.
2. The small size is conducive to the design of the headlights
3. The response speed is fast, when you enter the tunnel and the basement, you can reach the brightest state by turning on the button headlight immediately.
4. Long life, the effective life of LED car lamp can reach 7-9 years.
Our company also has Supra Led Tail Lights for sale, please contact us.